Motivated, results-oriented professional offering more than eight years of
experience in operations and quality assurance management, document and data
control, technical writing and editing, as well as two and a half years of
project management experience.
Freelance Writer and Editor March 2004 - Present
Creates, writes, and edits procedures, work instructions, training
checklists, forms, logs, advertising copy, web content, multimedia content, press releases, and academic literature for a diverse range of companies and individuals.
Document Administrator, Texas Wind Power Company/Cielo Wind Power September
2002 – December 2004
- Created, wrote, and edited policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Developed and maintained an electronic document control system based on
Microsoft's SharePoint Portal Server.
- Managed 60,000 + pages of physical and electronic documents.
- Wrote and edited content for the company newsletter, website, and
Document Control Coordinator/Technical Writer, First International Computer
of Texas May 2001 - May 2002
- Created, wrote, and edited procedures, work instructions, training
checklists, forms, and logs.
- Managed the document submission and revision processes via the
MasterControl electronic document control system.
- Provided MasterControl training for basic and advanced users.
Production Manager, Smartmail of Austin August 2000 - January
- Managed the day-to-day activities of the mailing division including order
scheduling, machine production, handwork production, order auditing, and mail
- Performed all personnel functions for the department, including
interviewing, hiring, benefits and policy orientation, scheduling, training,
performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Developed auditing procedures, wrote work instructions, created logs and
forms, and initiated company-wide corrective action processes.
Production Coordinator, Digimedia/Q-Media Services November 1999 -
- Entered, scheduled, and supervised all orders for disc mastering, CD
molding, CDR burning, and disc printing jobs.
- Prioritized jobs on a constantly evolving production schedule containing
between 30 and 80 pending orders to ensure that all orders were completed and
delivered on time.
- Generated daily and monthly production and performance reports and
presented them in management meetings.
Quality Assurance Manager, Anixter October 1995 - October 1999
- Created, implemented, and supervised the quality assurance program in a
280,000-square-foot, 60-employee network integration and distribution center.
- Developed, wrote, and maintained work instructions, auditing procedures,
calibration procedures, reporting procedures, and training guidelines.
- Supervised ISO certification of the facility within six months of
initiation with no non-conformances or observations cited by external
- Issued, followed up, closed, and maintained all Corrective Action Requests
and developed an online CAR database.
- Conducted ISO orientation for new employees and maintained facility
awareness of quality objectives.
- Oversaw ESD policy, procedures, and reporting.
- Managed the day-to-day activities of employees responsible for performing
all auditing and quality assurance duties; performed all personnel functions
for the department, including interviewing, hiring, benefits and policy
orientation, training, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, and
Project Manager, Anixter January 1997 - October 1999
- Coordinated all aspects of operations' projects, including quoting prices,
arranging labor, securing tools and materials, and maintaining production
- Supervised labor in process and quality inspections of finished
products. Coordinated delivery, conducted customer follow-up, and
directed all administrative functions involved in project processes.
- Managed three depot-spares programs for customer-owned equipment.
Current graduate student at the University of Texas at Austin College of
Communication, seeking Master's degree in
journalism with an expected graduation of Spring 2010; Bachelor of journalism from University of Texas at Austin; Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Texas at Austin; Associate of Arts in English
from Austin Community College; Certificate in welding technology from Capitol
City Trade and Technical School; Numerous professional development